Play other games
Tetris is an addictive classic puzzle game. It is a perennial game and one of the most successful and popular video games in the world. Built on simple rules, Tetris appeals to players of all ages and is an ideal entertainment choice.
Even though many spin-offs have been launched, the classic version still has a significant difference.
By saving this page, you can play Tetris online for free no matter when. Just CLICK to start one of the world's greatest puzzle games.
Tetris was born as a simple puzzle game with a strange charm. The goal of the Tetris game is to clear the blocks in a horizontal line to score as many points as possible.
Players will click to rotate the blocks falling from the top, move them, and make them drop to the appropriate position. A line will disappear as soon as it is filled with blocks and no empty spaces remain.
With each line cleared, your points will get higher, and the falling speed of the blocks will simultaneously increase. The game will, therefore, become more difficult later on.
If the blocks fill up the board to the top, the game is over, and you have to start over if you want to go on.
How to play
If you are new to Tetris, you may not know how to control blocks or how to rotate them to get the best piece. Read this guide on how to play Tetris online to get it.
- Remember that your ultimate goal in Tetris is to clear as many lines as possible.
- Don't be distracted by the colors of the Tetriminos. Blocks of the same color can give you more points (unsure), but if you focus too much on them, you will not be able to clear the necessary lines and fail the game.
- Rotate the falling Tetriminos with the mouse or tap the phone screen to give you the best advantage in clearing lines. A line is cleared when the blocks are lined up horizontally with no space left.
- Try to clear more lines at once. Deleting multiple lines at once is entirely possible in Tetris. This definitely gives you more points.
- Keep an eye on Ghost Piece. As each Tetrimino falls, the Ghost Piece will appear below to indicate where the piece will be if you drop it. This is a much-needed feature that will help players avoid accidentally dropping Tetrimino in an undesirable location.
- Be careful with the falling speed. With each line cleared, the drop speed of Tetrimino will simultaneously increase. They show no signs of slowing down.
- Don't forget to preview which Tetrimino is coming in the Next Queue. This helps you predict in advance where to put it to best suit and optimize your score.
- Put away a falling Tetrimino. Tetris allows the player to save a Tetrimino for later use. That Tetrimino is in the Hold Queue.
- The game is over as soon as the blocks stack too high and reach the top of the playing field. If you are not fast enough, you will quickly stop in this game.
Tetris is often regarded as the best video game for honing both the reflexes and analytical skills of the brain. Tetriminos will continue to fall from the ceiling so long as you are able to keep moving forward in the game.
Are you positive that you can beat your personal record when playing Tetris? Join us right away to start playing Tetris online and racking up points.